The answer is a resounding yes! If you have cash and have the ability to work a business for a small return, then buy now!
I know…you think this is self serving. The Business Broker wants you to buy a business. While that is absolutely true, I am giving my own family members this timely advice to jump into the entrepreneurship pool.
Business valuations are down. Valuation multiples and the income used in the calculations are at historic lows. We will all be looking back at this time and remark “I should have bought that business I always wanted in 2009.”
Imagine buying a business now that used to make say $500Kbut currently makes $100k. If you buy it for 2 or 3 times less that it’s worth, you would pick up a great business for very little money!!
There are many more reasons the time is right.
- Financing rates are LOW!! That’s if you can get any financing, but things are starting to loosen up out there.
- Sellers are financing the deals since there is very few sources of capital for buyers to choose from.
- Small businesses will drive the recovery. They always have and to be small and nible is the order of the day.
- Competition is gone or at least weakened. Once again the small guy with capital can win in today’s price sensitive marketplace.
- You have time to learn the business while it is slow. Many time the learning curve can take the better part of a year. With business being slow, you can focus on quality not quantity.
Excerpt from article by Andrew Cagnetta
Note from Doug Marranci, Broker @ Atlanta Restaurant Exchange
The economy in Atlanta Georgia is better than most areas. This area shows a growth in population, new business start ups, and with the diversity of business here, the economy did not get as bad as the rest of the country. The North East and Southern South East, losing industry, jobs and population, while industry and the population are moving to our area!
Signs show that the economy has stopped the freefall. Signs show that Consumer Confidence is up. Signs show that restaurants in our area are experiencing sales increases.
Don’t wait. The time is now, the moment is now. With the economy on the mend and on the rise the values and soon the prices of these restaurants for sale will only increase.
Call Today! 404-892-4999
Atlanta Restaurant Exchange
1708 Peachtree St NW
Atlanta Georgia 30309